As with any firearm facility, we need to have rules. We have to insists on compliance with our club rules in order to ensure safe firearm handling practices for our members and our neighbors. Violation of our club rules may result in loss of membership privleges for a period of time or indefinately.
GENERAL RANGE RULES
The following rules apply to all ranges and are established by the membership for your safety and the safety of our neighbors!
Persons violating these rules will be asked to leave the club!
- 1.) If you have been consuming alcohol you cannot handle or shoot firearms or operate equipment or traps.
- 2.) Each member is allowed to bring 2 non-related guests to the club to shoot and use the facilities. A member may bring as many family members as they desire.
- 3.) No person under the age of 18 may use the club UNLESS accompanied by an adult member or guardian WHO HAS A CURRENT membership. NO LENDING OUT KEYS.
- 4.) Any member caught vandalizing club property will immediately have their membership revoked and may face criminal prosecution.
- 5.) Paper Targets ONLY! No Cans, Bottles, Garbage, Vegetables, LP Container, ect.
- 6.) All targets must be placed in front of backstops in designated target areas ONLY!
- 7.) Do not pick up or touch another person’s firearm without their permission.
- 8.) Control the muzzle of your firearm, keeping it pointed in a safe direction at all times.
- 9.) All firearms are to be kept clear of ammunition UNTIL at a shooting station.
- 10.) All firearms are to be cleared of ammunition and secured prior to anyone proceeding downrange.
- 11.) If anyone or anything moves forward or your firearms muzzle, CEASE FIRE and CLEAR YOUR FIREARM.
- 12.) Do not allow your dog to run loose on the range. All dogs are to be on a leash and under control during shooting activities. Please clean up after your dog!
- 13.) When finished shooting, Please, clean up your empty cases, remove your target and keep them or place them in a trash barrel.
- 14.) BOWLING PINS AND STEEL PLATES ARE FOR PISTOL USE ONLY!
- 15.) NO CENTERFIRE RIFLES ARE ALLOWED ON THE 25 YARD PISTOL RANGE! If you are having difficulty sighting in your Centerfire Rifle, you may use the 50 yard range to get your rifle on paper then you must move back to the 100 and 200 yard benches.
Be safe, shoot straight, shoot right.
IN ORDER TO MAKE OUR RANGES SAFE FOR BOTH MEMBERS AND THOSE LIVING CLOSE TO THE RANGES - INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE FOUND TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE RULES, RULES PERTAINING TO A SPECIFIC ACTIVITY, OR GENERALLY HANDING A FIREARM IN AN UNSAFE MANNER MAY LOSE RANGE PRIVILEGES FOR A PERIOD OF TIME, AND COULD POSSIBLY LOSE THEIR MEMBERSHIP TO THE ZUMBRO VALLEY RIFLE CLUB. INFRACTIONS WILL BE BROUGHT BEFORE THE ZUMBRO VALLEY RIFLE CLUB BOARD OF DIRECTORS WHO WILL REVIEW THE INFRACTION AND DETERMINE THE ACTION TO BE TAKEN.